I thrive when communicating with people about opportunities to achieve something great.
Aim to share what I'm doing and WHY I'm doing it.
Apply frameworks on unstructured problems.
Collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Focus on relaying an empathic message.
Business Systems Analyst & Code-Free Web Developer
Passionate about defining people-centered solutions through pragmatic creative thinking. I’m currently crafting digital experiences in the Salesforce CRM platform to enhance complex business processes. Through continuous education, I strive to become a leader in data-driven product management and collaborate with a like-minded team to solve big problems.
Outside of my W2-life, I spend time learning how to mature as a great husband and father. When time permits, you can catch me on Product Hunt, or “YouTube’n” Product School fireside chats, and searching for creative ways to pay back my student loans. 🤦🏽♂️
product skills 🧐
- Problem | Opportunity Analysis
- People Research
- User Story Definition
- Systems Thinker
I always said in my youth, "Mom, I'll figure it out"; sure enough I did and I learned from successes, as well as failures. In my 6 years of professional experience, I understand when to take a step back, analyze the bigger picture, and connect the dots to ultimately unearth functional relief for stakeholders.
I believe "data wins all arguments." In order to gather quantitative and qualitative data to clarify assumptions and/or problems, I've facilitated:
- Background Research:
- Requirements elicitation workshops
- Interviews/Ride alongs
- Usability Testing:
- Clickable prototypes
- Focus groups
Who, what, and WHY? runs through my mind all day long. I passionately enjoy diving into the user's point-of-view and crafting their "How Might We" challenges into digital services to enhance their way of life and/or work life!
I'm eager to gain holistic insight into the enterprise and information architecture within organizations and products. By doing so, I've been able to increase my awareness on systematic procedures and user behavior. Which in turn, empowers me to understand how best to improve digital service capabilities.
Spring 2016 - Present
Business Systems Analyst | SCRUM Master
- Translates stakeholder needs across seven business areas, into well-defined functional and technical specifications
- Cross-functional team member collaborating with developers, QA, and training teams, to release enhancements for 800+ Salesforce users
- Managing a third-party tool which reduces technical analysis and data governance efforts by 40%
- Constructs low fidelity wireframes to increase stakeholder engagement and understanding on solution design
- Coordinates project milestones for 10+ member SCRUM team
- Trained and mentored four junior analysts who have become lead analysts on enterprise-wide projects
Summer 2012 - Spring 2016
Enterprise Architect Analyst
- Launched IT division’s first application portfolio management (APM) tool which led to a reduction of ~$47M in total cost ownership, in 12 months
- Defined functional requirements to automate the intake process for retiring enterprise applications, resulting in ~$9M in total cost of ownership savings
- Pioneered the design, automation criteria and go-to-market strategy for APM’s enhancement web-form, which averaged 23 requests a month
- Defined user engagement metrics and key performance indicators, resulting in 1.4K+ users in the first year of product release
- Triaged data discrepancies with the identified data stewards and consistently achieved 90% or over in compliance ratings
- Established an agile change management framework which led to 126 successful enhancements and break- fixes within nine months
Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals
Coursera | University of Virginia – In Progress
Become a Product Manager
Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Bachelor of Business Administration, Information Systems
University of Cincinnati